2022 is the year when we are celebrating 50 years of Contact Improvisation existence.
In April we came together for a weekend marathon – 24 hours of jamming together in the Zen Dojo at Quinta Ten Chi and it was an unforgettable experience! This event was the inspiration to create a longer celebration that will take place at the end of the year, so, by the way, we also welcome 2023 in the best way we know: Dancing together in Joy and Harmony.
It was in the spring of 2021 when Contact Improvisation came back to Life in Quinta Ten Chi, from a collaboration between Irene Alvarez and Rita Venturini: “Weaving Bodies, Senses & Community”. They brought together the CI and the Social Presenting Theatre as anchors for Presence and Interaction between Human Beings. Now there is a crew of CI facilitators that hold the weekly jam on Sundays and the CI community continues growing and getting involved into the practice.
Community is a topic we also bring to this Celebration in the sense that we all will be co-creators and space holders, cooking and keeping the space clean and beautiful. The aim is to share PRESENCE through different ways of interacting with each other to keep the MAGIC alive during all these days and bring it beyond with us to our LIFEs.
- We start with an Introduction Workshop for those who are new to Contact Improvisation get more confident into the practice and also a projection of Movies from the early years of Contact Improvisation to honor the pioneers in this practice.
- Two days of Marathon Jam held by the Facilitators Crew – melting into a New Years Celebration with DJ.
- 1st January is a chill day for integration, rest, sharing and getting ready to dive into more focused work the days after.
- Simultaneous Intensives in the Zen Dojo and Dragon Dojo (tatami floor) leaded by CI facilitators based in Portugal and Open Labs: proposed by the participants.
- Social Presenting Theatre (SPT) will be our anchor to start the day, every day of the Festival.
Already confirmed: Alexa Papa, Barbara Ramos, Francisco Borges, Irene Alvarez, Joel da Silva, No An, Pipaluk, Rita Vilhena, Viktoria Makra as the crew of CI facilitators.
Rita Venturini holding the SPT practice.
Surprises that will be surprises 🙂
Participation in the complete event including food:
150€ – 250€ sliding scale for Registrations before 1st December. After 190€ – 250€
New Years – 3 days (30th December – 1st January) including food:
100€ – 150€ sliding scale
* Accommodation: + 10€ in shared dormitory / night | + 7€ in tent or camper van / night
- We have limited places for sleeping in dormitories. We will give preference to those attending the whole event.
Here some hosts around Ten Chi in case you want more privacy or dormitories are full. Take a look!
OPEN CALL FOR MUSICIANS: We offer 5 tickets for musicians in exchange of interacting with some soundscapes during the jams. Click that option in the form when you register if you are interested in.
Fill this form: